Wed, Feb 24|
Workshop: Facilitating Teams in a Virtual World
We are all online now. All. The. Time. What if…instead of relying on the informal connections to build trust and relationships with others, we became really good at making the mundane aspects of work meaningful? Join us where we teach you HOW to do just that!
Time & Location
Feb 24, 2021, 11:00 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. MST
About the Event
Team cohesion, collaboration and connection can be challenging at the best of times. A year ago, we had a rooms filled with real-life people, engagement tools such as flip charts, sticky notes and posted agendas, and ways to get voices in the room with table talks, design skills and conversation strategies. We were able to find a way to (mostly) keep teams focused and keep people engaged and connected for the purpose of doing work together.
Shift gears to today, and we are now trying to adapt our ways to facilitate, lead and engage teams and clients. A year ago we engaged with each other over lunch, coffee, or a drink at the end of the day. Coffee chats online are just not the same. We are lacking the “mojo” from face to face interactions.
But, we know that:
· A professional team is not something that is declared.
· A professional team is a necessary resource that is built, developed and facilitated with intention.
· A team is the result of working together in all the right ways.
Operating in a virtual environment means we have to be more purposeful in the why and the how of leading teams. We need to hone our skills in how we structure meetings, our work, decision making and the sharing of ideas with a focused intention to tap into the cognitive capital of our thinking workforce.
Facilitating Teams in a Virtual World is a 2.5-hour workshop delivered online, where participants will gain:
· Enhanced skills in adaptive leadership
· A greater understanding of how to use facilitation to engage virtual teams
· An increased level of expertise with skills of communication and collaboration